We all get stressed. It’s in our nature, right? The good news is – stress is temporary. Here are 12 things you can do to help lessen that stress. I know they work for me and I hope they work for you, too. If you’re out there feeling stressed today, let these steps be your guide. 🙂
1. take a deep breath. slowly. just breathe.
2. lay under your covers. turn the lights off. close your eyes.
3. scream into your pillow. scream until your face gets red.
4. put your headphones in. go for a walk. go for a run.
5. take a hot shower. even if it’s for 30 minutes.
6. listen to music. loud or soft. just listen.
7. re-read your favorite book. re-read your favorite line.
8. watch a funny movie. watch your favorite show.
9. go workout. go until you’re absolutely out of breath and sweating.
10. call someone that means a lot to you. vent. tell them you love them.
11. cry. if you want to. let it allll out. don’t hold anything back
12. look at yourself in the mirror. take a deep breath, again. smile. keep smiling. keep breathing.
And remember, you are ok. This is all temporary, and you will be okay, I promise. You will get through whatever you’re going through, so take that deep breath and keep going. You are alive and you are healthy and you are you and that is enough. You can do this.